Monday, November 23, 2009

When is a deal a deal?

Ever?

Over 2 months ago, there was a major sit down in an attempt to resolve the financial issues between myself and religious ex. I'm told, "just this much and it's over", you know in the low 6 figures.

Then come more "requests". To be fair, Askan worked really hard and got her to be as close to realistic as I've seen in 20 some-odd years. Then comes, Oh, we didn't agree to that, we don't remember it that way. "It's only fair that you pay" I'm told. Then a demand from her Lawyer telling me what to do in my Will. No freedom from her, not even after 120 years.

I'm an ATM. Punch me in the nose and money comes out. Hit me enough and I'll pay for anything. Sheesh, I am such a sucker.

One of the items that was promised to me was that her attorney's would send over the document within a "few days". You'd think that would happen.

First, her lawyer goes out of the country. I wait.

Then I'm told that we won't get a document until all open issues are closed.

Wow, I'm shocked. Another case of religious-ex keeping her word.

Finally, yesterday, we recieve a document. It was last edited on October 5th, about two months ago. What a surprise.

The quality and content of this document is junk. It contains numerous items that are fabrications. It has duplicate language. It is boiler-plate. 38 pages of boiler plate. I can't figure out if she doesn't talk to her lawyers or if they just want to annoy me. Well, now I've got to get the lawyers to start to peel it apart. More money spent, probably for nothing, just like every other time I offered more than chatzi hamalchus.

I'm getting tired of this garbage.

Please pardon the sarcasm but I am pretty upset. I only spent two hours editing the "clean draft".

Sorry for the rant.

P.S. don't forget to read Binah Magazine! We are featured.

P.P.S. - Religious-ex on Religion up next, we will replay her blog from a couple of years back. So much content, so little time.....

No comments: